Reopening Guidelines for Green Mountain Christian Church
Welcome, Welcome, One and All!
We warmly welcome you back to in-person attendance at our church building on July 5th! We have all greatly missed meeting with one another at GMCC over the last 3+ months, and our enthusiasm to gather again as one church body brings us much-needed joy. Praise and thanksgiving to God for His protective hand over our congregation and families.
As we meet and greet in the “new way,” we urge you to continue practicing caution with your health, and the health of those around you, by following these guidelines published by our governor’s office:
- If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please practice Safer at Home guidelines, and enjoy attending church via live streaming on GMCC Facebook:
- Shortness of Breath
- Any other flu-like symptoms
- Face masks should be worn upon entry, exit, and any time you are not seated.
- 6-foot spacing in all directions must be maintained between individuals or family groups at all times on church property.
- No food or beverages are allowed, except for water bottles with sealable lids.
For your information, the entire directive can be found on the bulletin board in the hall.
For your comfort and safety, the following extra measures have been instituted at GMCC:
- Hand sanitizer stations are at each door. Please use generously and often.
- Extra masks are available at the front door.
- Doors will be left open as much as possible.
- Your temperature may be taken upon entrance to the church building (optional).
- Greeters will stand outside, keeping 6’ space around them.
- Communion host and juice in individual pre-packaged cups are available for pick-up as you enter the sanctuary. These packages have been pre-sterilized.
- Your offering may be placed in the plate next to the communion.
- The drinking fountain will not be available.
- Only one person/family in the restrooms at a time. Please knock and keep your distance when entering/leaving the restroom.
Once again, if you feel at all uncomfortable or endangered, please don’t be afraid to continue your Safer at Home protocols. For the time being, we will be projecting the live stream service in the sanctuary for all attendees. Please do whatever you feel is best for you. We are taking this first step toward actual full services, especially in support of our members and attendees who do not have access to the live streaming messages.